World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
anxietysux

I'm unsure but the doctor said it looks like it

anxietysux

Hi, I'm glad I found this message board first of all. Now, My fiancee left me last October and In November I had a one-night stand with someone that I don't even remember I don't even remember the intimacy, (alchohol go figure) anyway, I guess about January of this year 08 I noticed a spot that looked like dry skin, I put some moisturizer on it and I am pretty sure it popped up because of frequent masturbation, however, it looked like a half-dime shaped circle after the dryskin peeled away I figured it could be a friction burn and that it kinda scabbed a little but was no pain, no symptoms of any kind that would make me think it was a herpies infection. I've told the girl I had a one-night stand about it and she said that she had an STD test and tested clean, I asked my friend who also had sexual relations with this girl to get tested also, he tested clean too... So I didn't think anything of it. the second time happened to me, I was in a hot-tub the day before and the next day the exact same symptoms dry looking skin un noticeable til I start poking at it with my finger. It was either in the exact same spot or near the spot. This time I went to the doctor at the Veteran's affairs hospital and she said that it was a herpies and didn't even look at it for a second. Again I've never had any blisters, fluids, bumps, or anything just a spot that looks like a very mild friction burn or something, there is no pain associated with the site however I'm still waiting on bloodwork from it. Then this month the exact same thing again only this time it is about 1/4th the size and has almost completely healed in not even two days. I'm unsure if there is another site or not I can't tell but it seems to come around only after a frequent masterbation session. Does anyone have any symptoms like this the other two times it took about 1.5 weeks to heal and disappear. I'm sorry if this is confusing. I am completely unsure what to do and am having a lot of anxiety about the blood work. I've never seen any herpies pictures that look like this.

once again starts out after masterbating looks like dry skin, I wash it and it looks red, slightly redder than the skin color, I put hydroclortizone 1% on it and it heals over, but if I touch it it peels back off. takes roughly 10-14 days to disappear, no itchiness, pain, flu-symptoms, blisters that pop, fluids, ulcers, just a crusty circle spot that heals quickly if left untouched and I've never had a serious outbreak, but I never had this much stress as i've had this year. This all started after sleeping with this girl. Who told me she was clean.

Anyone have any Ideas... sorry for rambling on :(

helied2me

Don't really have any ideas but would you let me know how your test turns out? I've had dry itchy red areas that tend to clear up with cortisone creams but so many people here claim cortisone creams can really aggravate herpes lesions. Don't know if it's true for everyone but would like to get some idea.

HC-Support-Team

Not recommended for Herpes

Hi helied2me,

Check the prescriber guide for the steroid cream (e.g. Hydro-cortisone cream) and you will find the information there.

Steroid and cortisone creams are contra-indicative for viral, fungal and bacterial conditions because they can make them grow and become worse.

Initially steroid creams can appear to be helpful but then the symptoms can become much worse as a result of their use. It can actually inflame the virus and contribute to the problem.

For further clarification, consult the manufacturer of the cream or a related fact sheet / user guide. This information is known by all competent dermatologists.

You can read more at: http://www.herpes-coldsores.com/herpes_treatments.htm

Hope this helps,

Shenda

helied2me

Thanks Shenda but I have read that link and it doesn't really elaborate on specifics in terms of what happens and in what time frame so I'll see what I can find out from manufacturers websites as I can't find anything on the user guide either.

I appreciate the response.

fango747

Hi anxietysux,

I was diagnosed in mid-December when I noticed several red spots on my scrotum that resembled open sores. They appeared on the exact same spot where, for years, I've had a spot of red, cracking or dry skin that comes and goes. Which, interestingly, is the exact same spot where I've had an itch for as long as I can remember. I also get dry, red spots on the edge of the head of my penis which I've had for slightly less time than the spot on my scrotum. The spots on my penis have increased over time and also come and go. They cause no pain or inconvenience....it just looks like I have leprosy since I have fair skin and the spots stand out. My dermatologist said those red, dry spots are ezcema and gave me an ointment for it. I also have spots in my belly button and the very inside of my ear. Oddly enough, she asked me if I had issues with the skin in the crease of my buttocks, and sure enough I did, so I've assumed these issues were all ezcema. I go to a university's derm clinic so the doc changes nearly every year and this doc who diagnosed me with herpes is new to me, so I'm going to have a talk with her next time about all my skin issues down there and see if there's any connection.

Lifeislife

Anxietysux, Doctors do not test for HSV on a standard panel for STD testing because without any visual symptoms, they cannot tell you where you are carrying it if you test positive. 80% of the population would test positive because of Coldsores. So the fact that she tested "clean" is ,meaningless in regards to herpies.

These symptoms do not sound like anything herpies related I have seen anyone post. There are other things that are not STDs that could cause those symptoms. Maybe seeing a dermatologist would be your best bet here.

anxietysux

Life is Life, thanks for that, however I am aware of that standard STD tests don't test for HSV1 or HSV2 unless asked... but it has been over 6 months since I have slept with this girl and I don't have a dermatologist appointment until the 22nd of this month... which the spot I talked about this time has been completely gone since Tuesday, So I don't know lol I wish HSV types all had the same symptoms for everyone it would be so much easier to diagnose and stop spreading from the people who are asymptomatic. Well, Thanks for the info... Steroid type creams seem to expediate the healing process on this so it is just another reason why I don't think it could be HSV, just wish I knew for sure I had blood testing for both types that I am just waiting to get back in the mail. The testing was done when there was a redspot so if it is hsv then it would show more anti-bodies in my blood right?

safari

if you had a blood test... it would show up even if you didn't have an OB. I have to say... it doesn't sound like HSV2... It might be HSV1, though. In which case... you can pass it genitally. If it happens when you masterbate a lot... take a break and see what happens.

anxietysux

ok, I got my blood test results, I tested Negative for HSV1, and HSV2 woohoo! now I just gotta find out what this ecsema type dealo is down there... life is so complicated. Anyway, This just shows that even though a doctor gives their professional opinion, there is still room for error. Good luck to everyone, I'm glad that this message board is available to people this is a great site and has great people-