World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
april_may

Lost and confused...help

Advertisement
0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Unsure if you have an STD? Get tested privately here.

april_may

I was told in November that I had the 1 level only. I was lost just like I am now. Never had treatment or symptoms that I knew of. I have been reading from time to time, because I did not believe the results. I felt they were not true. However, years ago when married, I started having really bad yeast infections that itched really bad. I have never had a burning sensations. Again, I thought the dr was crazy and I did not have it. More recently, I had sex and I douched the next day. Does this bring on the itching in the unspoken area? I feel like I am going through a very bad yeast infection were it itches inside my area. From my reading this is not stage 1, but 2. Am I correct on this? Should I contact me new doctor and let her know what I have or will be going through? I am so scared about this and need some guidance. Thank you all for your help.

Lifeislife

There is no level one or two. There are two types. They are two seperate entities. Here is some basics.

HSV - Type 1 most commonly known as "coldsores". Its preferred location is oral, but can be transmitted to genitals through oral sex or if your partner has it genitally can infect mouth or genitals.

HSV - Type 2 prefers genital infection, but like Type 1 can transmit between either location.

When either strain is not in its "preferred" location, they tend to lose some of their potency. IE less outbreak symptoms, less outbreaks, etc.

Some people never show symptoms, but will test positive for a blood test and not know where the infection is located. So if you were told you had 1, then you have HSV Type 1. It will always be HSV Type 1, though you can still catch HSV Type 2 and then you would have both.

The physical symptoms of herpies are sores, usually on the genitals or mouth/lips. You can experience itching in the sore or potential sore location, but I don't believe it would be an overall itch. This I am not certain, though.

You could be having a yeast infection. That would certainly cause the intense itching. I don't ever douche, so I can offer you no advice or insight there.

OhmyGosh

If the test said you had type 1 then you most likely have type 1. I have type 1 in my genitals. But if you are still unsure then go and get tested again. why do you think you have type 2?? I got mine from my EX BF he got cold sores all his live and didn't have one at the time but used his saliva for lubrication and I got HSV1.

april_may

Thought that a yeast would trigger

Not sure...again. I have no idea what I am speaking about. I was told by a dr that I have level 1 only. I recently had sex and douched. My area is not nice. I felt, during my showing, itching really bad in area. Silly as it seems, I felt for the part that itched and I found a small area, seem to be pimples. I am not sure, because I am so freaked out about it, but I know what I felt. Level 1 is cold sores....level 2 is genitals????

april_may

Reason

It itches like HELL. I have tried to use infection cream and nothing. That is why I am saying this. I was told I would find the symptom, but not like this. LOL

april_may

WOW...Thanks.

I have never experieced what I am going through. I am scared. I am very confused. I am glad to have texted with you and others. I am still in a discomfort zone in my area. It needs to be scratched inside and only inside. I tried a yeast infection product last night, but it made it worse tonight. What is that?

There is no level one or two. There are two types. They are two seperate entities. Here is some basics.

HSV - Type 1 most commonly known as "coldsores". Its preferred location is oral, but can be transmitted to genitals through oral sex or if your partner has it genitally can infect mouth or genitals.

HSV - Type 2 prefers genital infection, but like Type 1 can transmit between either location.

When either strain is not in its "preferred" location, they tend to lose some of their potency. IE less outbreak symptoms, less outbreaks, etc.

Some people never show symptoms, but will test positive for a blood test and not know where the infection is located. So if you were told you had 1, then you have HSV Type 1. It will always be HSV Type 1, though you can still catch HSV Type 2 and then you would have both.

The physical symptoms of herpies are sores, usually on the genitals or mouth/lips. You can experience itching in the sore or potential sore location, but I don't believe it would be an overall itch. This I am not certain, though.

You could be having a yeast infection. That would certainly cause the intense itching. I don't ever douche, so I can offer you no advice or insight there.

helied2me

Hi april_may,

I can't offer you any advice on what your experiencing, but if you feel bumps it could very well be an outbreak. A lot of members here do feel like they have a yeast infection when they are having an outbreak.

I want to make a suggestion though. The vagina is self cleaning and douching washes away all the good bacteria that helps to maintain a healthy ph level. Douches and perfumed products like scented tampons or panty liners or antibacterial soaps can often lead to yeast infections. The only thing you should do is wash that area with water or if you have to use soap use something that's not heavy on perfumes or deodorants or something that doesn't have soap in it. Do yourself a favor and stop douching, just sit in the bath for awhile.

Good luck, I hope you find some relief for the itch.

OhmyGosh

type 1 is the cause of cold sores but you can get type 1 on your genitals.so you can have HSV1 orally or genitally. type 2 is usually what causes genital herpes but you can get in the mouth. so you can have HSV2 orally or genitally. so you can have either types in either place. hope this helps you make some sort of sense of this. I know it's confusing, and scary. but whatever it is you will be fine.

Ellusion420
I was told in November that I had the 1 level only. I was lost just like I am now. Never had treatment or symptoms that I knew of. I have been reading from time to time, because I did not believe the results. I felt they were not true. However, years ago when married, I started having really bad yeast infections that itched really bad. I have never had a burning sensations. Again, I thought the dr was crazy and I did not have it. More recently, I had sex and I douched the next day. Does this bring on the itching in the unspoken area? I feel like I am going through a very bad yeast infection were it itches inside my area. From my reading this is not stage 1, but 2. Am I correct on this? Should I contact me new doctor and let her know what I have or will be going through? I am so scared about this and need some guidance. Thank you all for your help.

APRIL MAY

I just got herpes type 1. (cold sores) i believe...

so I have been looking into alot of sites pretty hard. and from your description you should go see your doctor right away.

Ellusion420

So I Have Cold Sores Now.

So i shared a drink with a girl at a party .. she didnt have cold sores before.

and at the party i didnt see she had one.. and now im pretty 99% sure im inffected...

im so emberassed to have a break out.. I dont knwo what to do.. I use to have cancer too... im a fighter.. but i dont want this on my face ...

could there ever be a cure?

could marijuana make me break out ?

what should i not eat?

what should i eat?

what works best to not get break outs?

could i give it to some one even if i dont have a cold sore at the time?

..... so many questions... i have not told my mom yet...

what should i do .. i need people to talk to..:(

helied2me

Hi Ellusion420,

Sorry to hear about that. You definitely are a fighter if you've already beat cancer at your age. Hopefully your immune system is stronger now and maybe you won't get too many outbreaks.

If you have just recently been infected, be sure to wash your hands thoroughly before handing the goods in the bathroom because if you've never has cold sores before now you could self infect your genitals and I doubt you want that either. Your body will have to develop antibodies to prevent you from doing that in the future.

In the links on the right in the FIGHT BACK section you will see links for Supplements for Herpes, Immune Support Herbs, Lysine Food Chart and Herpes Alkaline Theory. Check those out for supplements you can take and foods that are herpes friendly.

Another thing you'll want to do is avoid a lot of sun exposure because this can trigger an outbreak also. I get the impression you haven't been tested yet but if you have the cold sore to prove you contracted it I suppose it's not really necessary. 80% of the population has type 1 and 25% have type 2 and you may already know that you could get either type in either location.

Hope the links help with what you're looking for , stay healthy and best wishes to you with keeping your outbreaks to a minimum. If you need more help, just give a shout.