World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
topmum123

please help

Advertisement
0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Unsure if you have an STD? Get tested privately here.

topmum123

I was diagnosed with genital herpes april 2007. it was devistating news, but i picked myself up and got on with my life. I didnt have an OB till the begining of March this year which was great , but since then i have had an OB one after another.the blisters seem to heal fast and go then the following day i have them back. I have been to my doctor and she prescribed Aciclovir tablets everyday to help ,but nothing so far. Has anyone else had this problem and if so what did you do

Lifeislife

Can't say I have had this problem. I have genital HSV type 1 which tends to have less outbreaks. Maybe switch to Valtrex? Some people experience side effects, others none. Your insurance might cover it, even though there is no generic.

Was there something in your diet that changed around onset time and has been maintained through now? Are you experiencing more stress day to day or getting less good sleep? Basically, I'd suggest trying to figure out if there was anything to your routines and diet that changed in March, that you have been maintaining, that could be contributing to this problem.