World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
milen007

Early pregnancy of love one with hsv2 pos

milen007

hi there, my wife did her pregnancy blood check up and result is positive of hsv2 yesterday. i did my result and negative 3 weeks ago. after the result we have 3 unprotected sex then no more till now as doctor suggest to stop sex till the pregnancy reach 6 weeks. can i be the carrier? or i havent been infected. we married 4 months and always use condom. while on our honeymoon we have unprotected sex and result the pregnancy. we cherish our relationship. should i take precaution that i might not been infected? thx in advance

Candlelight

You never know.....Herpes is complicated. Does she know you have it? Or is it her?...

Just concentrate on having a healthy baby....everything will be okay...

Consult w/ your doctor.....they will let you know what to do from here on out....

I hope I helped a lil....

helied2me

Hi milen,

It looks as though as of 3 weeks ago you didn't have antibodies and it is possible that you just haven't contracted it. Men have a lower rate of infection than women do.

For now you should take precautions in case you haven't contracted it yet . You may want to re-test in the future though.

Best wishes to you and your wife and the birth of your first baby, you will make a wonderful dad.

milen007

Thanks for all the wishes, yes i need to test again in the future. she didnt even know she has the hsv2 till the pregnancy blood test checking for viruses. we consult 2 doctors and both says it is nothing to worry. the baby is unaffected as the mom got the antibody from past infection. what kind of precautions should i take? protected sex while no outbreak by using latex condoms? clean hands after touching my genital? any suggestion?

helied2me

Yes, to try to avoid contracting it you will want to use latex condoms and either avoid giving her oral sex or use dental dams to protect yourself from contracting it orally. Hand washing is always a good idea for many reasons and you should wash up or shower with soap and water after sex.

If you have anymore questions, please don't hesitate to ask, someone is always willing to help.

milen007

thx. one more thing, just to wanna make sure that my wife antibody showing positive and consulting the 2 doctors says its from the past infection. she is pregnant almost 2 months. doctors says the baby is unaffected and ask us not to worry. just wanna ask for more opinion. is the case above is true that the baby wont be affected? we are considering c-section as well to minimised chances transfering the virus to the baby? suggestion ? idea?

helied2me

Your doctors are correct, since your wife has had this well before getting pregnant the baby will be fine. In situations like this the doctor will monitor her during her last month and possibly put her on anti-virals to reduce the chance of an outbreak and they will keep an eye on her in case she does. If she is not having an outbreak, a vaginal birth will be very safe. Many women have delivered naturally and have given birth to beautiful healthy babies.

They will both be fine, please post when the baby is born and if you have more questions you know we're here for you both.