Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
svo

common to have outbreak while on valtrex daily?

3 posts in this topic

kinda weird but can you still have an outbreak while daily taking valtrex??

Just noticed yesterday that I had a few blisters on my shaft near the original outbreak site and so I went ahead and upped my doseage from 500mg to 1g and this morning I noticed there were a few other bumps in the area as well.

I know its an outbreak...luckily it doesnt itch *knocks on wood* but I thought that since valtrex stopped the replication of the virus...this wasnt possible??

also, dont know if it might be related but the past two weeks I've smoked a little bud a few times, maybe that affects it??

Valtrex doesn't stop HSV from showing up. It's a horrible misconception that doctors allow. Valtrex can reduce outbreaks and reduce shedding, but doesn't STOP the virus. There's no guarantee that you WON'T get outbreaks or that you WON'T shed while taking Valtrex. It's just supposed to help your outbreaks occur less frequently, heal faster, and reduce shedding. Sorry, there's no cure for HSV.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• dont quit!
      Wow, you've read one article more than me and you think your fucking Einstein, lol. What a joke.
    • dont quit!
      Idgaf about the current article you read. Everything you have plastered is review, it's nothing special. Maybe to you it is, plus my question wasn't even directed at you. I asked Sanguine because I know that he is knowledgeable with science and I have some background as well. You keep answering me as if I asked you something specifically. I DIDN'T, nor do I care about your fucking feedback. I do my own research. Just because I haven't been participating in the forum as much as I used doesn't mean I don't research.
    • Lisajd
      If you have oral.hsv1 oral sex is a risk as is kissing.  You can pass to genitals thru oral.sex.  
    • crookbristi
      Yammy, don't be afraid of loving your child the same way you did before  I have a 10 year old boy and am his only parent. I hug, kiss, snuggle and love on him the same way I always have. And he is totally fine! It actually has helped me cope a bit too. I don't let him use my bath towel and disinfect the bathroom after every use. But that's as far as I'll take it.  Get your kid snuggles on! Bask in his innocence and unconditional love. It will help you feel better. 
    • Jeremy Spokein
      It's going to be in the form of club nights/festivals  
    • faithandhope55
      but what about if you have oral sex and kiss the person all in the same encounter?
    • LillianPanos
      try the antivirals. coconut oil mixed with tea tree oil. I have had a constant weird feeling its finally going away I have using aloe gel lately it seems to really help I take the antiviral daily,
    • Lisajd
      Have you looked at any herpes websites or info off here.  Getting a good understanding helped me Yes meds and condoms reduce risk.  As you build antibodies over the years its possible there is less risk.  Some women never pass it on.  What it comes down too is the guy knowing about it and the risk and being prepared to accept it.  80% of people have oral herpes.  This helps prevent transmissuon of hsv2 and genital hsv1 us really low risk. So.dont discount you may even meet someone who has it.  
    • Lisajd
      When you were diagnosed how was it done.  Did they type the tests. Ie they can test for hsv1 or 2.   If you had cold sores its hsv1 oral.  If you were dx with hsv2 then its genital.  You cant get hsv2 oral from your genital hsv2.  They are location specific and different strands of virus.
    • Clearme
      The current article is June 22, 2016! What do you think Bloom is repeating lab experiments annually and republishing them! Are you saying there is no difference between the two? Have you read the current article? We are talking about DRG and epithelial access...different approach then TG although TG is mentioned! They also refer to new capsid modifications that makes rAAV more specific. Do your research, or are you just here for your own amusement?
  • Featured