World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Genuissa

Just got results :(

Genuissa

It's official, I have hsvII. My question is to anyone who is in the UK, what are my options for suppressive treatment? Ok, we have aciclovir and I believe famciclovir (sp). I hear a lot of talk on here about valtrex - is that a name for one of the meds I've mentioned already? If not, is that available in the UK; I'm so confused.

I have a food question also - are olives high in arginine and/or acidic?

helied2me

I'm so sorry to hear you've got a confirmation Genuissa. I cant answer the question on olives but I'm sure someone else will know and respond to that.

As for anti-virals, acyclovir is probably the least expensive it just takes more doses. Famcyclovir? I think is a generic of Famvir here in the states which requires only a one day 2 pill dose to reduce outbreaks, and in the UK you may have the generic form of Valtrex in Valacyclovir which dosing for suppression might only require 1 pill a day, for outbreaks 1 or 2 pills a day for 5 or 10 days.

I hope you don't have frequent outbreaks and that everything else in your life is going well, it will go a long way in the stress factor that can trigger them.

So sorry, sweetie, if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Genuissa

thanks for your reply helied2me; I guess I just need to get myself to my docs and see what my options are. I'm trying all sorts of herbal remedies at the mo and supplements, high lysine, low arginine diet + high alkaline diet; although all that is very confusing, lol! I'm trying to get hold of some prunella vulgaris herbal tincture - supposedly a great anti viral. Although, that is proving impossible to source in UK (like most things - arghh, I need to move to USA)! lol!

I hope you are doing well today helied2me and thanks once again for the reply

x

helied2me

I'm doing good today Genuissa, thanks.

Your on the right track with trying a natural way to reduce outbreaks, just be patient because they do take longer than pharmaceuticals. I, for one, try to avoid pharmaceuticals myself, but I'll take them if I have to. Google the prunella vulgaris, maybe you will find it online and be able to order it that way. Others here have also had a lot of success with oil of oregano the p73 form.

Hopefully when your immune system adjusts, you can just keep it under control with the natural supplements. Let me know how it works out.