World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Lissa

MY First Talk Tomorrow And I Am SOOO Scared

Lissa

So I met this new guy 7 weeks ago after my longterm boyfriend told me I wasn't his one.

My new guy is such a sweetheart and a keeper! He has just been away with his job for the last 10 days and while he's been away I found out I have HSV1.

My ex gave it to me - knew he had it but buried his head in the sand, first I knew was a mild ob.

New guy has text and called everyday telling me how much he misses me can't wait to see me etc.

He's back tomorrow and I have to tell him, I know how hurt I was not being told. As far as HSV is concerned it doesn't from what i read have to be that bigger deal in my life but I am so scared of the talk and I guess ultimately losing this amazing guy.

Any advice xx

catiesmom

I hope your talk goes well. Have you done anything with this new guy that will expose him to the virus? That will probably be harder for him to deal with than just the idea of you having it. You should have him get tested, and until you're both comfortable with it, agree to take it slow. News like this is hard, and he will probably need some time to digest it. Hopefully, if he's as great as you think he is, he'll be more than understanding and this will bring you closer. Let us know how it goes!