World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Genuissa

Prunella Vulgaris Herbal Tincture

Genuissa

Hi there

Does anyone know where I could get hold of a herbal tincture called Prunella Vulgaris or 'self heal'? It's supposedly a great anti viral and has proven effective on lessening obs. I would be grateful if anyone on the forum could point me in the right direction. I've just spent the best part of an hour googling it to buy and with no luck:(

Thanks in advance :grin:

x

Genuissa

Hi Angelofthe Air

Many, many thanks for all those links! :D

I managed to get hold of some seeds on ebay and have decided the best way is to grow my own. I did find an american website that sells the tincture but they are sold out until June. Hopefully I'll be able to grow the seeds - I've never had much luck with plants in the past, they always seem to die on me, lol!

Genuissa
i grow my own prunella vulgaris. i bought the seeds from: http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/

mountainrose also sells prunella in bulk but they are out of stock most times i call.

Hey there, I got my seeds today and they are soooo tiny!!! I wondered what the best way of growing them is? I am thinking of growing them indoors on a window ledge, is that a good idea? Also, what is the best planter to put them in? Should I use a seed tray? I've never grown anything before - I feel ashamed to admit this at the age of 35, lol. I would be grateful for your advice:grin:

nonage

prunella is easy to grow. no worries. well, it can get out of control if you just throw them in your yard. a decent sized plot in your garden or even some decent sized planters. this was a good reference for growing it for me: http://www.altnature.com/gallery/Prunella_Vulgaris.htm

i harvest prunella from my plants almost daily almost all year long. it grows quite fast and i live in houston texas so ive got an edge.

i just bought a pound of the dried herb from mountain rose herbs too. i love that place.

Genuissa

Thank you for your reply with the link nonage, very kind and a useful reference! I'm glad it's not that hard to grow as I seem to have a habit of killing plants - not intentionally, of course!

Thanks once again :D

nonage

im glad to help. i cant speak high enough of mountain rose and the alt-nature site helped me alot so im glad to pass these on.

ive been experimenting with replacing the grass in a plot about 10 feet squared in my back yard with prunella. my room-mate is a gardener and she says that prunella makes a good "instead-of" (replacement) for grass in a yard. i find it to be a bit hyper-active in its growth [behavior] so im starting relatively small so i can learn how to control it. so far so good.

i also like to make the prunella tea recipe on the alt-nature site but mix it with roughly chopped mint, a little honey, carbonated water(club soda) and ice for a refreshing soda-like soft-drink. i still follow the directions for how much to drink in intervals but its a nice twist from the same old thing.

SL66

I bought some salve balm here:

http://www.altnature.com/gallery/Prunella_Vulgaris.htm

15.00 w/shipping I think. All I can say with complete honesty is I applied it twice and I've yet to have an outbreak in 2-3 mo. And trust me, I've lived with this crap for over 5 years now and have an outbreak at least once every two mo.

I'm so excited I could dance a jig. And the reason I say this is because I'm not exactly a clean living individual. I smoke, I drink, I cuss, I stress. I don't have insurance and I hate taking meds anyway so I don't feed the Govt machine by wasting my money on Valtrex.

I don't buy into that bullshit that you can pass Herpes even if you don't have an outbreak because it's bullshit. It's damn near virtually impossible unless you're about to break out and "shedding."

I caught the crap sleepin' around with the wrong people and it damn sure curbed my appetite which I was due anyway. But I haven't passed it to anyone in the 5 years I've had it.

I have breakouts because I refuse to live my life by Herpe's terms. I eat nuts, I eat my green peas, I drink my beer, and I cuss out the sob that cuts me off in traffic. I'm telling you here and now I did the research, tried all the remedies. Took anti virals that would get you arrested in some countries and I've learned to control the "itch" (as I like to call it) down to the point where I can knock it out in 3 days just using natural, everyday stuff you can buy for less than $5.00 at Wal-Mart.

I'm Italian and a hard headed somebitch. I hate when someone says NO it's impossible. Rat's ass! Nothing is impossible if you have the will and desire. I'm not gonna lie to you and say this Prunella Vulgaris is the be all, end all. All I can say is so far so good. I've eaten a half jar of damn peanuts (usually a sure fire break out instigator) and no problemo.

Now I could have a major flare up tomorrow. And I wouldn't be a bit surprised. God's nifty lil way of saying "don't get an ego ya bastard."

But I prayed and said "Look. Ya got me. I deserved it. I get the hint. But I'm 42, single and no kids. I ain't got much time left to reconcile my wicked ways but put me out of this misery and I'll walk the straight & narrow."

Maybe he/she/almighty cosmic conciousnous of energy listened.

I hope. I'll keep ya updated.

Shayna

"Ride on up to the break of dawn......... to break of dawn..... to the break of dawn" - some rock band.

That would be "The Doors"