World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
lilangel84

quick question...

Advertisement
0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Unsure if you have an STD? Get tested privately here.

lilangel84

I am always tired. I have read that this could be a symptom of HSV (which I do have)... but I am on Valtrex, but still very very very tried. Now... I dont know if HSV causes that much of fatigue, so that is why I am curious if you guys experience this. Maybe it is just my bed, or sleeping conditions... how about you guys?

rubyred107

I was recently diagnosed with genital herpes and my doctor prescribed Valtrex. This medication at first made me extremely tired and dizzy. However, my body is adapting to this new medication and I am eating a healthier diet and getting adequate rest so I am not as tired anymore.

How long have you been on this medication?

marriedwchildren

Hello,

Yes hsv can cause fatigue if this is your first outbreak, you have not told us how long you had this. But have you considered other possibilities for the cause of you tiredness, like CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome)? Remember not everything that ails us is caused by herpes there could be other reasons. I Hope tis helped and i wish you well. Take care. Keep your head up.:p

OhmyGosh

The same thing happened to me the valtrex made me extremely fatigued and I have major headaches everyday. My doc told me to cut my 500mg in half and take 250mg which helped some but i still had mild headaches everyday. so I started taking it in the evening after the day is over but not when I went to sleep. B/C for some odd reason I got major anxiety when i took it when i went to bed and couldn't sleep. so i take it at like 8 and go to sleep at like 12 or 1. it's been working pretty good for me try taking it at night or taking half???