World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
stewart

is it possible to have an oral and genital OB of HSV1 at the same time?

stewart

Hi folks - I don't know if I'm being paranoid but I am in the midst of a small OB in my nether regions (yet again, seriously, this is getting so old!) and while I have never actually had anything that I think could be a cold sore, I now have a very small blister (or blister look alike) on the inside of my upper lip... it's entirely possible that this came from burning my mouth on food last night so I'm trying not to unnecessarily jump to conclusions but given that the virus clearly has a life of it's own, nothing would surprise me anymore... has anyone on this board with HSV1 every had it manifest itself in both places? and if you have, have you ever had that happen at once? I guess I thought that having it in one place generally provided some level of protection of it surfacing elsewhere in the body...

but perhaps that's still wishful thinking... sigh...

eatyourveggies

I'm curious too. I'm not having an OB, but noticed that I have some super tiny bumps and dry skin in the corner of my mouth.

Isn't it rare to have both genital and oral H? Am I just being paranoid?

I don't want to be scared to kiss someone. Eh.

stewart

I really hope not... it's bad enough that I'm plagued with the near constant OB down under, I'd really prefer to not have it surface on my lips as well... I'm beginning to wonder who I pissed off in my last life ;-)