World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
SanFranGuy

Hi there (1st time, long post)

SanFranGuy

Hi folks,

Don't know if this is the correct forum to post in, but what the hell.

Keep in mind that back in Feb of 2008, I had a full STD panel (HIV, Syph, Gon, Clym, herpes (HSV-2) everything came back negative. I lso had a rapid HIV test 3 days ago that came back negative. I tested pos for HSV-1 way back when I was 14 years old. 80% of the population has this. Not to worried about HSV-1.

I met this really great guy through a friend of mine a month ago and he is really cool. We did the usual date thing and found out that we have much in common. Well, we decided to sleep together. We did not have intercourse, but we did exchange oral and he rim me. A few days later low and behold a cold sore shows up on his lip. He told me about it. I did not worry about it at that time. I told him that I get them from time to time as well.

Fast forward two week later: I am laying bed watching TV and getting ready for bed. I had to use the bathroom, so I dropped my draws and took my time. It was one of the most painful bowel movements I have ever had. It felt like I was on fire. The next morning, I took a shower and looked at the area. The A-Hole was inflamed. It was very sensitive to touch as well. I also noticed that my lymph nodes in my groin were enflamed and sensitive to touch as well.

I went to the doctor today and had him have a look. Proceeded to take a swab of the area with a q-tip and have it looked at under a lab setting. He said it would take a few days to get the results back. He proceeded to tell me that it could be HSV-2. Needless to say I was freaked out. Just 2 months ago I tested negative for HSV-2. The doctor put me on "Acyclovir"

3 times a day for 10 days (400mg) and also stuck me on Vicuprofin for the pain.

So now I sit here and wonder what is going to happen. I know I should not read too much into this until the results are made (the doc said he would call me on Monday) I have always been very careful with sex. Always take precautions (Rubbers), but as I have read on here and from what my doctor told me, it is not life-threatening, but more an annoyance.

What do I do now? How to I bring up the subject with this guy? Did the HSV-1 move from his cold sore to my butt? If it is HSV-1 down therewill it be less frequent? What do I do if it is HSV-2? I feel scared and alone. Please cheer me up!!!

Thanks,

A to the N

helied2me

Hi SanFranGuy,

I'm sorry you are in this position now since you just got a clean bill of health. I doubt what I'm about to say will cheer you up though.

Because you already have type 1 it is extremely unlikely, but not impossible that you would have contracted type 1 from him genitally. The possibility of him having type 2 orally is very real.

Since it was 2 weeks before you decided to see the doctor, it's possible you missed the window of opportunity to get an accurate result with the swab test. Often times they come back negative because the virus has retreated back into the nervous system and the test was unable to detect any virus.

If it comes back negative, I suggest you get a blood test at 12-16 weeks from the time of exposure. Most people will seroconvert within 3-16 weeks but results should be accurate between 12-16 weeks.

I suggest you wait for your results but in the meantime, whether your results come back positive or not, you should consider how you are going to approach the subject with him. I assume you are both old enough to be able to discuss this maturely. He may or may not know what type he has and you should encourage him to be tested.

I hope everything turns out for the best, just know that we are here for support if you need us.