World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
mtyboy

Hi Im new and I need info please

Advertisement
0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Unsure if you have an STD? Get tested privately here.

mtyboy

:confused: I just started dating this guy i totally love but he really wants to have sex and he has genital herpes... even thou i havent seen any breakouts im scare as hell, i totally wanna date him but he gets sad whenver i dont wanna have sex with him, and i do wanna have sex with him but there's ways to not get infected right???? come on im sure people knows tricks or something...

and i have another question, if i do oral sex to him would i get oral herpes???? he said no. is that true????

sometimes im about to have sex with him but my tears just star comming out because i dont wanna get infected. what can i do?

helied2me

Hi mtyboy,

There are no tricks to insure you won't get infected, there are precautions you can take to minimize the risk but there are no guarantees you won't get it.

If you perform oral sex on him you could possibly contract it orally if he were shedding viral particles and he doesn't have to be having an outbreak for this to happen. If you use a condom while performing oral sex on him it will greatly reduce the chances, but no, what he told you is not true.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask and be sure to check the links on the right for more information so you get a better understanding of this virus.

Hope that helps.

mtyboy

so he lied to me??? i just spoke to him on the phone and he said there's no chance for me to get herpes if i do oral sex to him... he said he knew what he was talking about.... should i be with someone that's liying to me about it? or maybe he actually thinks i cant get it.???

mtyboy

im just really scare :( is there a number for support about this std? like a free number that i can call and talk to someone?

i just feel like i have it already and we havent had sex. how long does it takes to appear???

helied2me

mtyboy,

I am not going to say he is lying to you, maybe he just doesn't know the facts and until he does I would reconsider this relationship because it is highly possible that you will get it orally or genitally if he has it orally and performs oral sex on you.

I don't have a number for you to call, you might try to google std phone support or something. Maybe there is one in the 'Resource' section directly to your left but I can't check without losing this post.

mtyboy

he doesnt has it in the mouth , he just has it in his penis, but he says i cant get it in my mouth because is different type of skin.

mtyboy

ok i feel so nasty and bad person saying this, but im desperate and i need advice and to know, but licked his penis really quick like 10 seconds, this was 2 days ago and i dont know if im just freaking out but i feel like if i burn my tongue in a small spot........ what can i do?? u think i got it????

and i did grab sometimes his penis, it look and it felt normal no outbreaks but u think i might have it in my handS????

sometimes he rubs his penis agains my ass in bed but we have underwear on, how bad is that????

helied2me

I can't tell you if you have it but if you still have something on your lip by Monday I would try to get to a clinic first thing and get a swab culture. If the virus is on the surface it should detect it but it retreats back into the nervous system quite quickly so there is no guarantee that it will pick up on it. If this comes back negative, you should get a blood test done in 12-16 weeks to see if you have developed antibodies to the virus. It is possible to detect them as early as 3 weeks from exposure but 12-16 weeks should give you an accurate result if you don't have the money to test frequently.

It is possible to contract it on your hands if he is shedding and you have cuts or scratches where the virus can enter. It is best to wash thoroughly with soap and water after any contact with an infected area whether it's you or someone else. Also the virus can shed anywhere in the boxer shorts region so skin to skin contact can transmit the virus also especially if there is lots of friction going on.

Please take the time to read as many links possible and inform yourself before you continue this relationship. You can print this info out and share it with him if you want to continue this relationship but you can teach him a few things to protect yourself which still is no guarantee.

helied2me

Hi mtyboy,

There is a National Herpes Hotline but I don't believe it is free if you want to call it and ask some questions or need emotional support.

That number is available Monday through Friday, 9am to 7pm if you choose to use it.