World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
HG08

Still hurting

HG08

I've have had GH for only 2 months now and in those 2 months I have been on a emotional rollercoaster. One minute I'm up with high spirits, and the next minute I'm down feeling like I will never be happy again.

I don't know what it is. At times I feel like I'm still in love with the person that gave it to me. And then there are other times where I feel like going out and finding him and hurting him. I'm so confused I just don't know what to do. I said that I was just going to take some time out for me and ease back into the dating scene and then their are times that I just don't want to be alone.

I'm a crazy? Too emotional? Is there something else wrong with me? I don't know. I feel like I might be in a state of depression. Can someone help me and tell me that it's going to get better. Even as I'm typing this I feel as if I want to cry. What can I do to stop feeling this way?

Help me....I'm lost, confused and still hurting

VVK

It will get better as your body learns to control the virus better. Try to do as much as you can to help it achieve this goal - physically and emotionally. I'm not sure how much you're doing for exercise and diet, but these can go a long way towards stabilizing moods. If your moods are swinging a lot, you might have a serotonin deficiency - you could experiment by taking a 5-HTP supplement and see if that helps. 5-HTP is not very expensive. Roseroot (Rhodiola rosea) is also good in that it decreases the breakdown of serotonin in your brain. I know it works well, but unlike 5-HTP it can be somewhat expensive.

There's a danger with going back into the dating scene when you're emotionally fragile, since you can easily make unsound decisions. Maybe you could find some activities to participate in that could take your mind off of your ex and the dating scene for a little bit while you recover? What about friends and family - maybe you could spend more time with them when you don't want to be alone?

Shamy
I've have had GH for only 2 months now and in those 2 months I have been on a emotional rollercoaster. One minute I'm up with high spirits, and the next minute I'm down feeling like I will never be happy again.

I don't know what it is. At times I feel like I'm still in love with the person that gave it to me. And then there are other times where I feel like going out and finding him and hurting him. I'm so confused I just don't know what to do. I said that I was just going to take some time out for me and ease back into the dating scene and then their are times that I just don't want to be alone.

I'm a crazy? Too emotional? Is there something else wrong with me? I don't know. I feel like I might be in a state of depression. Can someone help me and tell me that it's going to get better. Even as I'm typing this I feel as if I want to cry. What can I do to stop feeling this way?

Help me....I'm lost, confused and still hurting

I feel the exact same way.

I'm married to the person who gave me this though so I can't run away. I am a strick conservative christian and I won't get a divorce.

You have the option to leave him. Then do. [derogative comment removed by admin]

You should maybe think about exposing him, or suing him, I swear to god sometime a fell like killing the fat jerk.

gotitsowhat

A respectful comment...

I mean this respectfully and I very much respect your right to decide what you believe and how you want to live but....for what it might be worth...here are some things to consider:

Christians, yes, even conservative fundamentalist Christians DO get divorces! They may give it much longer and more serious consideration than a more liberal person would but that does not mean they never do it. Just because you have certain Christian beliefs does not mean you are required to suffer unbearable misery throughout your life. What happened was not your fault; it happened because your spouse broke your marriage convenant and betrayed you. Many Christians, yes even very conservative ones, would support your right to divorce in this case.

Christianity is a religion of love, if I understand it correctly (I am a deist myself so forgive me if my interpretation is ignorant). Living with a man you hate and dispise, for whom you have no respect, no attraction, no love, is no way to live for anyone. It does not promote anything positive for you, for your children or for him. Forgiving someone for a mistake or sin doesn't mean you are required to share a household with him and serve him breakfast!

Consider cutting yourself a break here.

Loving your neighbor as you would yourself presupposes that you DO love yourself. It is hard to love others if we do not grant ourselves the right to a dignified life, a life we may choose to share with those we love and respect, not with someone who puts thoughts of murder into our hearts.

Also, our beliefs and our understanding regarding those beliefs do change over the years. If this were not true there would be no need for Bible study classes; Christians assume that our spiritual understanding can grow and develop over time. It is not supposed to be a done deal unless we are talking about the core beliefs (belief in God, His Son, eternal life etc.). You are not a bad person if you decide to evolve your beliefs to allow you to have some happiness in your life. Life is tough enough without deciding we must endure many years with someone we truly despise. Forgiving someone's sin does not necessarily have to include living with him and serving him--he is not God, just your husband. And, if you like, with the blessings of many Christians and our society's legal system, that CAN change.

Just something to consider. Give yourself some quiet time to think about it. Hope I haven't offended you.