World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
anotherfriend

One Month Anniversary

anotherfriend

Well tomorrow is my one month anniversary for my 1st OB!!!....so far so good (I suppose). Here is my new "issue" LOL... We haven't done it since!!! Yea that makes me sad a little, but it was a choice we both made and surprisingly it has nothing to do with the HSV!! Imagine that! Not only did I end up with my positive diagnosis after the 1st night we slept together (and recently found out I didn't get it from him and have supposedly had this for years, which still confuses me daily but oh well) I also thought I was pregnant on top of it! Thankfully I am not so we decided to wait until I get the shot at the end of this month. I think this waiting thing has actually made us closer so I am embrasing it and thanking the lord every day for sex toys! hahahahah....Okay so on to my serious question. I have a feeling that somehow the sex "triggered" the outbreak. At first I seriously thought it was because the stupid condom wasn't lubricated (which i think is why it didn't stay on right in the first place causing the pregnancy scare) and the fact that is he rather ummm...large and I had just shaved with a horrible razor and cut myself several times (OUCH!) I just thought i had razor burn from the cuts or sort of like rug burn from all the friction only down there ya know? Then the doctor drops the bomb that I have HSV2...shocked? OHHH YEA...so now I am scared to death for our "first night" after my diagnosis, will it trigger another OB? Am I going to have to go through all that pain again? I am prepared with the LUBRICATED Condoms this time and a whole bottle of extra lube, LOL but is there any other wonderful advice someone can give me? I don't want to be scared of sex, but I seriously am (I really don't want to go through that again) It's so nice to be able to sit down comfortably again :D

ginnyp

Hi there, my bf and I didn't have sex for 3 months after my diagnosis! I was still burning and just not feeling well down there. Well, when we did start having sex again, it hurt, but I didn't get an ob. I was scared too, thinking ok, so when's the ob gonna start? But I never got one. I was sore the day after, but that went away. Now it doesn't hurt anymore and I don't get sore the next day. I am still a little afraid of sex but am getting better about it. So is my bf. We have tried some new things! Try not to stress about it too much. Not everybody gets obs from sex. Hopefully you won't either. Definitely use lots of lube. :) And don't use condoms with spermicide. Or at least not non-oxynol 9 - that's supposed to be irritating for our vajayjays.

anotherfriend

Thanks for your reply! It is nice to have someone to talk to about this. Well the deed is done, I couldn't hold out any longer and I have to say it was great and so far so good! I can't tell you how happy I am that the "first time after" is over with....hopefully it's all good from here on out! Between worrying about spreading the virus to him and giving myself another outbreak I was out of my mind....but it all went fine once i let go and trusted him.

Thanks again and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

ginnyp

I am glad it went well! I know, the first time after is so scary. I'm actually being a little OCDish right now, my OCD has kicked up a notch and I've been scared every time we have sex now. I don't know what is causing this, but it's anxiety I don't need. Everything has been fine, I'm blowing things up out of proportion I'm sure.

I'm glad it went well and now it will probably just get better! But if you ever need to talk, let me know. :)