World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
OhmyGosh

Question??

OhmyGosh

Ok so my sister had what she thought might have been on outbreak like 10 years ago but the swab was negative and she never got a blood test, so they told her if it comes back its herpes and if it doesn't well it was something else. However she was diagnosed with HPV genital warts. well now she has been having a constant itchiness after sex with her husband for years. they keep telling her it's just a yeast infection, but she is soooo uncomfortable. they did a byopsy last week will herpes show up on that??? or could it be something else more serious like cancer???? Scary....

helied2me

Hopefully everything comes back normal and I'm hoping the best for her. I don't know if they will check for herpes unless specifically asked for. Warts in and of themselves can cause itch so that could be why she is always itchy after sex.

Cancer is always a concern after one has contracted HPV. it was only 7 or 8 years after contracting HPV that I got a cancer diagnosis if you saw my other post. Hopefully she has been on top of her annual paps and caught it early if it is cancer. There is a very high survival rate when caught in the early stages, 23 years and counting here.

seashell

Yes, she needs to get her reg. paps. Hpv is nothing to fool with b/c it can lead to cervical cancer. She really needs to go to the doc to get tested for both - herpes and cancer. Plz don't let her just let this go. Early detection is crucial.

OhmyGosh

That's for the replies...I talked to her today and she gets her byopsy results on Friday She will get tested for HSV if nothing comes up on that. I will keep ya'll posted.