World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
PoorLips

Forum Newbie!

PoorLips

I feel so jipped in life. I really do.

See, I started having outbreaks when I was in kindergarten. I thought everyone had these sort of mouth sores because my mother had them. The only thing I can figure is that she somehow transferred them to me. She never kissed me on the lips though, which is even odder.

Anyway, I've been living with these things since then and am now 21. I usually go years between outbreaks but recently they've been coming very frequently and my lip is scarring and (I SWEAR) losing sensation.

I am so incredibly frustrated I don't know where to turn.

I feel like my life is a wreck because of these stupid sores.

I feel like I am not normal.

I feel like a freak.

Ugh!

...Hi everyone!

catiesmom

Hi. Rest assured you are in good company, and you're not the only one who believes everyone gets them.

Is it possible, given your age, that you've begun experimenting with lifestyles which may harm your immune system? Have you been drinking a lot? Eating crap you shouldn't? Under a lot of stress? Otherwise compromising your immune system? It's really your immune system that keeps outbreaks at bay, and if you've some how changed what you do to make it less effective, it may explain why you are seeing more outbreaks. It's also possible your body is going through hormonal changes that have brought this out.

It does sound like your mom gave it to you. She could have done something as innocent as used her spit to wipe gunk off your face while having an outbreak in order to pass it on. Don't be too hard on her! :)